What is 2-Factor Authentication (2-FA)?
In addition to the existing SSO and Basic Authentication login security features, Novisto supports 2-Factor Authentication (2-FA) as an added security measure to Basic Authentication login to protect user accounts and client data.
Coupled with Basic Authentication login, 2-FA requires a trusted device (commonly a smartphone) and an Authenticator app to verify login. Once 2-FA is enabled, a one-time verification code is generated at every login attempt. Follow the steps outlined in this article to enable 2-FA for the first time.
Important: 2-FA is a paid add-on to the Novisto platform. Also note that it’s only available for clients using Basic Authentication as their login method.
- Step 1: Enable 2-FA – First-time setup
- Step 2: Re-login using Basic Authentication
- Step 3: Verify credentials using authenticator app
The following terms describe the account login methods supported on the Novisto platform
Account login method that requires users to input a username and password to authenticate access.
Single Sign-On (SSO)
Account authentication method that allows users to log in with a single ID to different software systems. The SSO provider is determined based on your company’s preferred carrier.
2-Factor Authentication (2-FA)
Coupled with Basic Authentication login, 2-FA requires a trusted device (commonly a smartphone) and an Authenticator app to verify login. A one-time validation code is generated at every login attempt.
Step 1: Enable 2-FA – First-time setup
To enable 2-FA on your Novisto user account, follow the steps below:
- Install a Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) authenticator app on your mobile device. The following are common examples of TOTP authenticator apps: Microsoft Authenticator, Google Authenticator, or Authy.
- Log into the Novisto platform using your Basic Authentication credentials (e-mail and password). You will be redirected to the 2-FA setup screen.
- Scan the QR code displayed on the Novisto setup screen using the authenticator app.
3. Enter the one-time validation code generated on the authenticator app.
4. Click Enable.
You will be required to enter a new one-time validation code every time you log in.
Step 2: Re-login using Basic Authentication
After setting up 2-FA, you will be redirected to the Novisto login page. Sign in using your Basic Authentication credentials (email and password).
Step 3: Verify credentials using authenticator app
In the 2-FA authentication page, input the one-time validation code generated on your authenticator app and click Verify.
Important: Notify your Novisto administrator if you lose access to your trusted device.